Friday, March 09, 2007

Do As I Say, Not As I Do

Via poputonian, this heart warming tale (from CNN) in which Gingrich defends his behavior pushing impeachment against clinton while engaging in a little on the side of his own.

"The honest answer is yes," Gingrich, a potential 2008 Republican presidential candidate, said in an interview with Focus on the Family founder James Dobson to be aired Friday, according to a transcript provided to The Associated Press.

"There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There's certainly times when I've fallen short of God's standards."

Gingrich argued in the interview, however, that he should not be viewed as a hypocrite for pursuing Clinton's infidelity.

"The president of the United States got in trouble for committing a felony in front of a sitting federal judge," the former Georgia congressman said of Clinton's 1998 House impeachment on perjury and obstruction of justice charges.

"I drew a line in my mind that said, 'Even though I run the risk of being deeply embarrassed, and even though at a purely personal level I am not rendering judgment on another human being, as a leader of the government trying to uphold the rule of law, I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials."

Not casting judgment? I guess that is not rendering judgment because as long as the press doesn't find out, it's alright to let loose a shitstorm of criticism against another person. Simply to embarass them and simply for political purposes. I guess that is not passing judgment because you do it "as a leader of the government." Makes sense to me. Now I understand how these people sleep at night.

No comments: