Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Favorites

Okay, following up on this and this, and at the request of commenter MD, forget "Bests". List your ten favorites movies in comments. Here are mine in no particular order (and I'm doing this off the cuff, so I'll probably remember others later, but whatever...).

1. "All About Eve"
2. "The Godfather, Parts I & II" (Sorry -- my post, my rules. These count as one.)
3. "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"
4. "Annie Hall" and "Hannah and Her Sisters" (Again, my rules. Can't pick which, so they count as one. )
5. "National Lampoon's Animal House"
6. "Goodfellas"
7. "Jaws"
8. "Brief Encounter" and "Lawrence of Arabia" (Lean picking problem. See note about my rules, supra).
9. "The Lives of Others" and "The Dreamlife of Angels" (my foreign category)
10. "Dr. Strangelove", "Lolita," "The Shining" (See note re Lean, supra. Apply to Kubrick.)

No shocks, right?

No comments: