Friday, June 05, 2009

Filling In For the Boss

You may have noticed that the owner of this little part of the intertubes didn't post this morning but not to worry he is just on a bit of a walkabout that will surely bring him home with with tales to tell and feeling a little cranky. So he asked brother Dedurkheim and me to pick up a little slack since Res shouldn't have to carry this immense weight that is Rising Hegemon all by herself. We'll see if we can keep things running while Attaturk's internet availability is sporadic.

Not that anyone notices my absence but I haven't posted with any regularity here for a long while, the last time probably being around the time of the Iowa caucuses (give or take a few months) in January 2008 (and what a time that was!). Where have I been? In short: working, raising two boys (now almost 15 and 12), and trying to make it a day at a time--like a lot of people. After the black hole that was the Bush administration and the longest presidential campaign in history in which I was heavily invested in every way possible, I was tired of politics. I love it, I'm addicted to it, but I couldn't see a sense of humor in much when I saw and still see today so much damage done to the constitution.

Anyway, long story short, I took a break from being so closely connected to the news and therefore the need to comment on it all the time. And it actually felt good. Don't get me wrong, I still pop in and out of this spot several times a day along with several other blogs that I find interesting, but nowhere near the number I did before. Maybe I even lightened up just a bit. What the future holds for me in blogging I don't know but I'll pitch in here for a while to help keep the place at least looking like its usual self.

As for you, if you could only look at 5 blogs a day which ones would they be?

No comments: