Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Not too busy to notice an idiot

It's been a busy week for Atta J. Turk and next week may be busier. What will my real job demanding attention, and my musical adaptation "Seven Guys for Seven Brothers" ready to hit off-broadway (is Des Moines considered off-Broadway?).

Nevertheless, I could not help but notice this bit of wankitude:

The War [Michael Ledeen]
Here's a story that probably won't make the evening news because of the bad news in the last graph:

Coalition Kills 15 Terrorists, Detains 3, Captures Senior Leader American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, June 20, 2006 - Coalition forces in Iraq killed 15 terrorists and detained six other suspects and a senior terrorist leader during raids yesterday and today near Baqubah, military officials reported today...

... Several women and children were present at the raid sites, officials said. None was harmed, and all were returned to their homes once the troops ensured the area was secure, they added.

(Compiled from Multinational Force Iraq news releases.)


I mean, what's the point of reporting that women and children were treated well by our troops?
Posted at 1:29 PM


You know Mickey, far be it from me to be just another "sucker", but I sort of expect "American" troops to take those steps, I'm not so war-loving that I expect it to NOT be news when American troops inadvertently kill women and children.

Hopeless Patriot that I am.

No comments: