Monday, April 08, 2013

I sincerely apologize for getting in trouble

This guy is going to be the Herman Cain of 2016, no doubt about it.

...last week, in one of his many appearances on Fox News, Carson stepped on a political land mine when he compared homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia in explaining his opposition to gay marriage.

“As you know, I have been in the national news quite a bit recently and my 36 year association with Johns Hopkins has unfortunately dragged our institution into the spotlight as well. I am sorry for any embarrassment this has caused,” wrote Carson, who is the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. “But what really saddens me is that my poorly chosen words caused pain for some members of our community and for that I offer a most sincere and heartfelt apology. Hurting others is diametrically opposed to who I am and what I believe.”

Carson said he has not changed his views on gay marriage, but that he recognizes he erred badly in expressing his opinion.

“There are many lessons to be learned when venturing into the political world and this is one I will not forget. Although I do believe marriage is between a man and a woman, there are much less offensive ways to make that point. I hope all will look at a lifetime of service over some poorly chosen words,” he said.
i.e. I'm still an ass, I just shouldn't make it so obvious.

2 comments:

Montag said...

Well, Carson's a surgeon. Now that he's put his foot in his mouth and shot it for good measure, maybe he can fix that.

pansypoo said...

no one thinks of the man/beast of nature love community.