Monday, January 03, 2005

Takes one to know one I guess

One of the more obnoxious posters at the intersection of Nabob Street & Bad Touch Avenue is not so noted homophobe John Derbyshire. In a feat of "delicious" irony the world's most latent gay man states:
FRUIT CAKE [John Derbyshire]
Note received with an ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS fruit cake from a kind reader:

"At long last, the fruit cake I had promised. I apologize that I didn't get it to you in time for Christmas. I hope you enjoy it and, if you do, all I ask in return is a Corner post for my Mom praising her fruit cake. Her name is Raquel Moore-Green and she lives in Salem, Oregon. The fruit cake is highly coveted by fruit cake lovers in and close to my family and is the source of many 'fruit cake conversations.'"

I am happy to confirm that Mrs. Moore-Green's fruit cake is truly bodacious and altogether superlative. Many thanks to her son for taking the trouble to send it to me.
Posted at 06:45 PM


Insert your own jokes in comments if you wish.

No comments: