Saturday, September 11, 2004

For those of you Screaming about Cambodia

Can you look at this whopper from Chimpy in the Winter of 1998 thanks to Atrios?

I was ready to go to Vietnam if called. I was a skilled pilot. I could fly … I was too junior to get to go. But had they wanted me, I would have gone. Had they called our unit, I was totally prepared and would have gone.

I can remember walking up to my F-102 fighter and seeing the mechanics there. I was on the same team as them, and I relied on them to make sure that I wasn't jumping out of an airplane. There was a sense of shared responsibility in that case. The responsibility to get the airplane down. The responsibility to show up and do your job.


Let's break down each paragraph:

"I was ready to go to Vietnam if called."

LIE!



Next Paragraph:

The responsibility to show up and do your job.

Do we really need to discuss this one?

But the willing "Winston Smiths" of the right like a certain Tennessee law professor do not seem to see the distinction between a lie and fact. And right now the liars are in danger of winning...again!

No comments: