Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Want some Toast???

So... Not Guilty for Michael Jackson has now been discussed and debated ad nauseum! I am sure those words brought relief, jubilation yet frustration and disgust in proportionate amounts to all people transfixed to the Michael Jackson trial.

I am not a great fan of the man myself, but have the will to see through the facade that was his trial and acknowledging that the rats of society will manipulate and exploited his child-like state of mind for money and an almost narcissistic will to see his demise.

Although the animosity evoked by the perpetrators on both sides of the argument, being this Jackson or Arvizo, the omnipotence that Jackson retains through the stubborn ignorance of fandom is unquestionable... During my frequent fishing trips for useless but quaintly quirky material on the Internet, I stumbled upon a source that dually addresses my above point.

Either Michael Jackson is omnipotent? And that is frightening! Or his fans are as insane as he is! See what you think.



Slices of toast with the star's likeness and slogans such as "not guilty" have appeared on internet auction site eBay.

Vendors claimed the slices were not faked - but popped out of their toasters before or during the verdicts.

Toast said to look like the Virgin Mary sold for $28,000 (£15,400) last year.

That appears to have sparked a craze for novelty toast on eBay.

Toast said to resemble the Virgin Mary hit the headlines in November Slices currently on sale carry pictures of people ranging from Elvis Presley to Yoda, with a sideline in toast depicting jars of air breathed by Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

One Michael Jackson fan promised: "This is a wonderful memento of this historic day that you will cherish for years to come."

Another said: "As I was watched the jury's verdict being announced on June 13, 2005, my toast popped up just as Michael was acquitted."

One vendor said a slice with "not guilty" written on it popped up just before the verdicts.

"I was shocked, so I saved it and waited, and then today at 4.30pm my time it came on the news, and there it was - Michael Jackson is found not guilty," they wrote.

No comments: