Monday, July 02, 2007

Bush does it: Is anyone Surprised???

Bush commutes Libby's sentence

So, is this what independence day is all about? Somehow I think not. Call, write, and email the white house with what you think about this travesty. I imagine the timing of this event is because the offices are closed for the July 4th holiday. Sheesh, they even use this holiday as cover. "At long last, sir..."

"I respect the jury's verdict," Bush said in a statement. "But I have concluded that the prison sentence given to Mr. Libby is excessive. Therefore, I am commuting the portion of Mr. Libby's sentence that required him to spend thirty months in prison."

Bush left intact a $250,000 fine and two years probation for Libby, and Bush said his action still "leaves in place a harsh punishment for Mr. Libby."


Nothing says partisan love like smug self assurance...

No comments: