Friday, July 06, 2007

Sick of It All

You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of the media -- and even bloggers -- saying, "Even REPUBLICANS are coming out against Bush now," as though Republicanism was some sort of imprimatur that bolsters an otherwise weak anti-war argument. Please. I'm sure that troglodytes like Domenici and Lugar wouldn't give a fat's rat ass if the Iraq bloodbath continued unabated were they not facing collapsing poll numbers at home (and in Domenici's case, being jammed up in the U.S. Attorney scandal). Yes, yes, I know Democrats need Republican support in order to stop the Smirking Chimp's little War Game, but let's not pretend that Republican support is bubbling up now for any reason other than their sheer terror at the prospect of the 2008 elections. I think that fact is worthy of more than a few throwaway lines in the NYT story about the trashy Domenci's startling turnabout.

No comments: