Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Which is more dangerous to your health ...

OBL or DHS?
...worrying about terrorism could be taking a toll on the hearts of millions of Americans. The evidence, published last week in the Archives of General Psychiatry, comes from researchers who began tracking the health of a representative sample of more than 2,700 Americans before September 2001. After the attacks of Sept. 11, the scientists monitored people’s fears of terrorism over the next several years and found that the most fearful people were three to five times more likely than the rest to receive diagnoses of new cardiovascular ailments.
Can I just say that I live in NYC (and lived in NYC on 9/11) and I don't know one person who worries about this stuff? At least not out loud. Even my friend Sexy Pixie, who had to run for her life to keep the WTC from literally falling on her head, doesn't worry about it. And no, that doesn't mean that if I saw someone parking a van full of dynamite under a bridge that I wouldn't call the cops. I take the threat of it seriously, but I don't sit around worrying about it. I worry a lot more about how Bush has wrecked the economy, the government, the armed forces, the national infrastructure, and any goodwill we once had for one and other.

No comments: