Thursday, March 06, 2008

Poor Babies, they could use more barbecue

Howie Kurtz, who manages to be the media critic that never manages to really criticize...but perpetuates shitty media has this as his story of the day.

Our political media, gosh darn those poor babies are tired!

There's only so many stories you can write, and we're running out of them.
- Ana Marie "Famous for writing about Butt Sex" Cox


Yeah Ana, God forbid you write about their policy positions.

UPDATE:
To be perfectly fair, I made this point at Swampland in comments (shockingly I have not been asked to guest post there...my desire to be the Regis Philbin of blogging continues) and Cox responded:

@attaturk: I probably deserve everything you're pointing out and the scorn that comes with it. My comments to Kurtz were intended to be a little self-mocking and ironic -- and I did try to emphasize how, ultimately, I'm thrilled to be covering, as you put it, democracy in action. But one's feelings about one's job and how it relates to history and to your own situation are complex and difficult to reduce to quip in a style piece. I did the best I could but that clearly wasn't good enough.

No comments: