Tuesday, February 02, 2010

John McCain keeping the Straight in Straigh-talk

As in homophobic asshole. And why? Because it's time to be the biggest right-wing ass possible.

John McCain 2006:

...the day that the leadership of the military comes to me and says, Senator, we ought to change the policy, then I think we ought to consider seriously changing it because those leaders in the military are the ones we give the responsibility to.


Today, Admiral Mullen, who got his four-stars the old fashioned way, without being a McCain, came out and said this:

Mr. Chairman, speaking for myself and myself only, it is my personal and professional belief that allowing homosexuals to serve openly would be the right thing to do.

No matter how I look at the issue, I cannot escape being troubled by the fact that we have in place a policy which forces young men and women to lie about who they are in order to defend their fellow citizens.

For me, it comes down to integrity — theirs as individuals and ours as an institution.



Guess who's afraid of letting gays serve openly anyway?

No comments: