Saturday, May 28, 2005

What are Ya Listening To?

Following in the shadow of our dear friend Atta J. Turk, I thought about his asking us what history we read -- and lately I have been reading Sara Diamond's work on the religious and extremist right, got to prepare you know! -- I thought that I could follow a similar track and ask you folks: What music you are listening to right now? What bands have caught your fancy? What musician-band-artist have you gone to see perform live who found there way into your iPod? Any cool Pod casts?

In an effort at full disclosure I have been listening to Ani DeFranco's Knuckle Down, The Band's Music from Big Pink, U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, Brian Wilson's completed Smile... worth the wait in my opinion, The Killer's Hot Fuss, and I am still listening to Green Day's American Idiot.

I have also been watching the Soundtrack of the Century on PBS which has done a terrific job of discussing the evolution of rock and roll.

So, what are you listening to? What recommendations can you make? This is important because I think we can all agree with Billy Bragg that mixing pop and politics is worthwhile.

No comments: