Friday, May 23, 2008

There are gaffes...

And then there are GAFFES!



I think it's safe to say she did not mean to imply she's hanging around waiting for something awful to happen to Obama, but it sure is unfortunate. You cannot make this kind of statement, ever!

Let the several hours of explaining and apologizing commence.

Ugh, better damage control please:

"The Kennedys have been much on my mind the last days because of Senator Kennedy," she added, referring to Sen. Edward M. Kennedy's recent diagnosis of a brain tumor. "I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation and in particular the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that whatsoever.


You feel bad about Ted's brain tumor so it led you to bring up his brother being shot in the head?

Look, I know she doesn't mean to offend, but it is tasteless. Just apologize, say it was a mistake and move on. You're just making things worse.

UPDATE:

I've got to say the reaction to the remark has officially become WAY over the top. She deserves to be criticized heavily for the remark perhaps but it's becoming a flogging several hours later. I'm not a Clinton supporter, but there are a lot of folks over-anxious to inflict a coup de grĂ¢ce as if she actually explicitly did wish for someone to take out Obama. She did not do that, cut her a margin of slack.

No comments: