Friday, May 16, 2008

Way to Go California!

Once in a while a very far and distant occasion, there is something hopeful that happens.  The overturning of a California court decision which banned gay marriage is a hopeful start for a more progressive cultural turn in this country.

Yes, I would like to think that we are going to see a turn away from the regressive extremist conservative and neoconservative cultural and political turn in this country. 

So, go ahead... I know you all are going to call me an idiot.  But I do not know about you but I need some hopeful, something meaningful, some kind of human openness if it is only for a few minutes.   But until the inevitable cultural backlash and political attack squads go after this, I do not want to live in a tiered society where only the "right" people can marry.  This is a step and a damn good one at that.

No comments: