Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm sorry we've been calling so many people douchebags lately

Y'know for the last five plus years of blogging. And when I say we, I mean me for the most part. I believe I've literally called dozens, perhaps hundreds of people, douchebags. And for this I have relatively little regret because after all, they are almost invariably actually doucebags. Except, of course, unlike douchebags they offer little or no useful purpose -- unless being called a douchebag is a public service. It does make my job easier I must admit.

Where was I?

Oh yes.

And speaking of the topic at hand, a man who has been called a douchebag by me more times than anyone else (too lazy to verify) soaks in it one more time as Bill Kristol has to comment on the arrest (and very prompt dismissal of charges against) of Henry Louis Gates and the fact that the President specifically addressed it last night. And really, how dare a black man have a strong opinion on profiling and police abuse:

Maybe it was Professor Gates who behaved stupidly, or at least arrogantly. He is, after all, a Harvard professor. I was once a Harvard professor, and my instinct is to side with the Cambridge cops.


Of course your "instinct" is to side with the police. You're instinct was also to declare Scooter Libby innocent even after he was convicted.

But we cannot all be unindicted war criminals now can we Bill?

No comments: