Thursday, June 02, 2005

Oh, Mr. Soros, Mr. Soros, over here!

Aravosis, Atrios, Gilliard, Athenae, they were all talking about the Left needing more money. True. I think at least the first three make some chunk o' change from their bloggery. The latter does blog book editing (I think I'm in one but maybe not, I dunno, I'm not on the book jacket [there's a shocker!]). Anyhoo, there is some money in some portion to be made from blogging.

Rising Hegemon makes no money for three reasons. One, I'm not sure we have the traffic to generate much; two, we're too busy entertaining a microscopic portion of America to take the time; three, even if we took the time, we don't know how.

But, never one to pass up an opportunity. I noticed that someone may have some spare jack laying around:
Billionaire financier and philanthropist George Soros has joined Washington entrepreneur Jonathan Ledecky's bid to purchase the Washington Nationals, Ledecky said in an interview yesterday.

"'The Soros family shares my belief that the Washington Nationals are a community trust that can serve as a positive platform for the economic development of the inner city,' Ledecky said."


You know, Mr. Soros, I know you could purchase the services of the middling triumvirate for something in the six-figures.

No comments: