Friday, June 03, 2005

With Apologies to Fats Waller

(To the tune of "The Joint is Jumpin'")

They have a new expression in the White House today,
That tells you when a party is ten times more than gay:
To say that things are jumpin' leaves not a single doubt,
That everything is in full swing when you hear someone shout.

Here 'tis:

The Gang is lyin',

We're really lyin',
Come in, dopes, and park your hopes,
I mean this gang is lyin'!


Dick's hearts a thumpin',
Jimmy Jeff he's a pumpin',
This here spot is more than tops,
In fact, the gang is lyin'!


Check w.m.d. at the door,
Be sure to pay your quarter,
Leave your foodtube on the floor,
This here zygote's your daughter.


The roof is a rockin',
Don't bother knockin',
We're all dopes the country's gone broke,
But still, this gang's a lyin'!

[Spoken]
Let it be! Yas!
Invade this place, boy!
Yas!
Oh, my! Yas!

Don't you hit that chick, that's my broad!
Where'd you get that stuff at?
Why, I'll knock you to your knees!
What?

Put this cat out of here!
What?
Get rid of that pistol! Get rid of that pistol! Yeah! Get rid of it, yas!
Yeah!
That's what I'm talkin' about! Ha, ha! Yas!
Now it's really ready!
No, baby, not now, I can't come over there right now.
Yeah, let's do it!
[Party noises and shouting]


The gang's a lyin',
We're really always lyin'!
Billy Frist is on the list,
I mean this gang is lyin'!


[Police whistle]
Uh-oh! No time for talkin',
The FIFTH is all were's sayin'!
Get your bug and cut the rug,
I think the gang is a lyin'.

Listen!

Get your 'lectric ticker Dick,

Don't touch my little prick!
Who is that that just came in?

Just look at the way he's switchin'!
[Spoken]

Aw, mercy,
Don't mind the hour,

I'm in power.
I've got bail if we go to jail.
I mean this gang is lyin'!
Don't give your right name, no, no, no, no!

No comments: