Sunday, March 02, 2008

Double Down

I'm not ordinarily a gambling girl, but over cocktails last evening, I bet the most cynical man I know (a/k/a "The Russian") $100 that BHO would win in November were he the nominee. Two questions:

1. Shall I double down, and if so, when? The Russian is not stupid, so doing so may not be an option in, say, August, with BHO crushing Walnuts in both national polls and the relative fatness of his campaign coffers. I may, however, be able to do so after, say, two wins on Tuesday.
2. When and if the time comes, what shall I do with my $100?*

*I still think HRC is force with which to be reckoned. And even if BHO is your guy (as he is mine), wouldn't it give you infinite, albeit simple pleasure to see Timmeh and Tweety stunned and sputtering if HRC pulls a New Hampshire on Tuesday night?

On an entirely different note, one of my favorite bloggers appears to be back from a self-imposed hiatus. Now if Billmon would only resurface ...

No comments: