Friday, July 27, 2012

And this is only the first act

We are early on in Mitt Romney's trip overseas to show what a diplomat he is, and it's gone really well...for the Obama Administration.  It takes a lot of thoughtless effort to get Boris Johnson over the irony of mocking you for being a dumb loudmouth.  But Mitt's the man for the job.

And to think this is but the first leg.

Soon Mitt will visit Poland, a trip the seems to have the same comedic potential as the time Jimmy Carter let Billy translate for him.  Maybe he'll criticize union movements?

And then it is on to Israel.  Now, one would think that will go okay because Mitt has already stated if he's elected President Bebe Netanyahu will run his middle east policy.

And yet...here's Mitt in April 2012:
Israel's current prime minister is not just a friend. He's an old friend.
But here is that alleged "old friend" this month:
“I remember him for sure, but I don’t think we had any particular connections,” he tells me. “I knew him and he knew me, I suppose.”
Well that could be awkward.

[cross-posted at Firedoglake]

3 comments:

StonyPillow said...

“I remember him for sure, but I don’t think we had any particular connections,” he tells me. “I knew him and he knew me, I suppose.”

Rmoney has given himself over to be Netanyahu's concubine for the next four years. Of course Bibi would deny it. No gentleman could admit having a boy toy like that.

pansypoo said...

delicious.

Montag said...

Ah, well, I don't see much difference between the man who acts politically and impulsively and the man who deliberates carefully when they both come to the wrong decision.

No matter who wins, Netanyahu will eventually get what he wants, which is, of course, Bibi being Bibi, the wrong thing.