Thursday, June 12, 2014

The unfettered "Id"

Welcome to the newly emergent European right-wing -- the dormancy is over.
In an explosive political climate, where popular rage is at boiling point nearly five years into the country's worst crisis in living memory, the politics of hate so embodied by Golden Dawn is becoming increasingly pervasive. "Who cares if six million Jews were exterminated?" asked the businessman back at the cafe, in a shocking endorsement of that reality. "I don't care if they were turned into soap. What I care about is the salary I have lost, the never-ending taxes I am forced to pay, the criminals who rule this country, the anger I carry inside."
A little cutting, a little pasting (and some unfairness)...but not a lot...and this could be a Republican voter in Virginia's Seventh Congressional District voting against Cantor.

1 comment:

feralcrj said...

everything old is new again.
hate and bitterness are never out of fashion in the right wing world. id indeed!