Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Vowel Movement

It's been a while since I have taken the time, the sweet precious time; time I will never get back, time I could have spent making trenchant "K-Lo is fat" posts, to visit the Pat Sajak blog. However, feeling a duty to serve (or afflict) mankind through blogging I have gone there...and returned.

Reflecting a keen grasp of the electorate as ever, Pat really gets on top of current political discourse -- and cutting edge discourse at that -- by the "who would you want a beer with" theory of politics.

Golly, I've never heard of that before, did Pat invent it?

Why, yes, it appears he is claiming he is the inventor of this notion.

The results of the 2000 election might have been razor thin, but the PUB results were much more decisive. A beer with Al Gore or George Bush? Does anyone really want to hear about the environmental impact of large breweries?

Last year’s election? Imagine sitting in your kitchen having a beer with John Kerry. Imagine having to explain to him what a kitchen is.

So what does PUB suggest for 2008? That’s a tough one. There are no clear-cut front-runners for the Republicans. The only name I’ve heard floated that makes PUB sense is Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour. I’d love to have a beer with Haley. Heck, I’ve had a beer with Haley!


Why this constant desire to share beer with an (all but) admitted alcoholic? Is this reflective of the stupidity of Pat & the electorate? Is it a belief that Dear Leader haveth no faults? Is it a desire to improve Bush's performance through alcohol?

And Haley Barbour?

I think that just reflects the dregs with whom Pat Sajak will drink beer with. I'm sure wherever it was downed the American Tobacco Institute paid for the drinks.

No comments: