Sunday, February 18, 2007

Fucking up is profitable

I'm curious as to whether anyone has done an in-depth analysis of the accuracy of the retired generals brigade serving as Pentagon apologists on the cable news networks. If anyone knows of any I'd appreciate it. If I actually got paid for this gig, I may do more than Jonah Goldberg-level research.

Meanwhile, while doing some general googling for this info*, I ran across this site with a quote from Fred Barnes, well-known, poorly-endowed Bush Apologist.

"The war was the hard part. The hard part was putting together a coalition, getting 300,000 troops over there and all their equipment and winning. And it gets easier. I mean, setting up a democracy is hard, but it is not as hard as winning a war."
(Fox News Channel's Fred Barnes, 4/10/03)


Of course, this is the opposite of reality (plus 300,000 troops?). However, the last four years has nonetheless, undoubtedly been the most profitable of Barnes long and undistinguished career. Felating the GOP is bad for the legacy, but great for the mortgage.




*Oops, looks like I did do more than Jonah Goldberg-level research.

No comments: