Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Babies got no Stinkin' Rights

The main writer of Arizona's new employer sanctions law is crafting a series of new legislative measures and maneuvers aimed at people who entered the U.S. illegally -- read: people who do not look like them. Russell Pearce, a Republican serving the Mesa area, says he is introducing these "much needed new measures" this legislative session to accomplish his many objectives:


● Deny regular birth certificates to babies born in Arizona unless at least one parent proves citizenship.
● Expand the state crime of trespass to cover anyone in the U.S. without authorization.
● Require proof of legal presence in the U.S. to register a vehicle or get a title.
● Deny workers' compensation benefits to undocumented workers injured on the job.
● Bar local policies that prohibit police officers from checking the immigration status of those they encounter.

Is it possible that he is afraid of babies in addition to people who do not look like him?  Of course, we are all aware that these are the same Mesa Republicans who are afraid of clones.  Personally, I like babies.  They are cute.  I enjoying living in a society where some people look like me and some don't.  And I cannot wait until I can make a few clones to help me with my workload.

No comments: