Monday, September 15, 2008

What does "Ask her about Dinosaurs" mean?


It means this:

As the ceremony concluded [in 1997], I bumped into her in a hall away from other people. I congratulated her on her victory, and took her aside to ask about her faith. Among other things, she declared that she was a young earth creationist, accepting both that the world was about 6,000-plus years old, and that humans and dinosaurs walked the earth at the same time. I asked how she felt about the second coming and the end times. She responded that she fully believed that the signs of Jesus returning soon "during MY lifetime," were obvious. "I can see that, maybe you can't - but it guides me every day."

Munger reports that she later softened her stance to say that she "wasn't necessarily" a young earth creationist anymore, but that her faith in the impending apocalypse remained undiminished.

No comments: