Thursday, December 04, 2008

Remember This Guy?

He was one of the few bright spots in the last eight years. I loved this kid when this picture came out. I hope he's doing well (and still kicking Republican Jesus Freak ass) today. Don't know why I just thought of him, but there you go ...

I've got insomnia, which I blame on Colleague P, who forced that third gin and tonic on me at tonight's borg Christmas party. Yeah, we had the party even thought the whole damn world is falling apart. As Aravosis says, it's okay to have a Christmas party even when you have no money because, well, it's freaking Christmas, right? Anyway, never go to a Christmas party with an open bar with a bartender. They know how to work all the angles and the next thing you know, you're up at 3:30 AM and your wallet's $15 lighter because you had to cab -- rather than subway -- it home.

I read today that Obama's giving Bush's ambassadors a collective pink slip. That's fine with me, but can he please do the same with the entire DoJ? That whole department is seeded with vile little Goodlingesque Republican poison pills who need to be sent packing for wingnut welfare gigs. I know ... I know ... a bunch of them probably have civil service protection now, but for crissakes, you're lawyers -- you'll figure out an argument to boot their wingnut asses. Barring that, I say go completely Milt Waddams on them. You assign every little budding Rachel K. Paulose important tasks like inventorying department office supplies ("I said count the staples, not the boxes of staples!") for the foreseeable future. They'll have their resume out to The Heritage Foundation before you can move them downstairs to storage B.

No comments: