Monday, June 08, 2009

Movie Watching

I took my two boys (16 and 12) to see "Up" and let me tell you it is no small feat to please those three age groups. I am not not much on deconstructing movies or critical movie theory, I just know what I like. Sometimes there are movies that make you think and are beautifully acted (e.g. "Doubt") and while they make you think, they entertain on a different level. I am a sucker for a sentimental note or two--not overdone--and redemption, so it isn't difficult to reel me in. So I won't give any of it away on the off chance that someone hasn't seen it and still intends to do so but here is my review: great story, beautifully conceived, perfect characters, awesome music, a movie well worth the ridiculous expense of the cineplex (as was Slumdog Millionaire). Anyone else see the movie since Attaturk's first review?

No comments: