Friday, August 21, 2009

The Senator from the State of Moran

Jim DeMint is a long-time member of "the Family" so naturally he is convinced he lies with God's blessing.

I suppose this is just a by-product of my gut-level hatred of Bush (the Ambinder Factorial) but I have to say this statement from Jim DeMint is not only malevolent and slanderous toward the President, it is out and out the kind of bizarre statement that would make a LaRouche supporter blush:


Probably the most heart-wrenching experiences I’ve had over the last several days is when naturalized American citizens who have immigrated here from Germany, Iran and other countries, they come up to me and they say why are we doing what so many have fled from?


Uh, Jimbo, it's been a while since we've had too many immigrants that would "flee" from something going on in present-day Germany.

Though it's true Neo-Nazis are illegal in Germany, so I guess what you're saying is...?

Meanwhile, DeMint could not care less about a person bankrupted by crushing medical bills. It's not like that person has any money left to give ol' Jim's re-election campaign.

[Cross-Posted at Firedoglake]