Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good for Conan


In a very classy letter, he refuses to move the Tonight Show, sticks up for his replacement, and shows Leno to be the passive/aggressive Eddie Haskell he is...

Last Thursday, NBC executives told me they intended to move the Tonight Show to 12:05 to accommodate the Jay Leno Show at 11:35. For 60 years the Tonight Show has aired immediately following the late local news. I sincerely believe that delaying the Tonight Show into the next day to accommodate another comedy program will seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting. The Tonight Show at 12:05 simply isn't the Tonight Show. Also, if I accept this move I will be knocking the Late Night show, which I inherited from David Letterman and passed on to Jimmy Fallon, out of its long-held time slot. That would hurt the other NBC franchise that I love, and it would be unfair to Jimmy.


I'm a Letterman guy who has always respected Conan. I can hardly wait for Conan to appear on Letterman's show where they can talk about their mutual disdain for NBC Execs and do Leno impressions:



(pic by Gawker commenter FlytheDelorean)

No comments: