Sunday, January 10, 2010

MATLOCK!!!


Another rather bizarre column from "the Dean", though at its heart a typical bunch of nothing about Chris Dodd. But within it, a telling statement:

In all that time, I don't recall ever doing a favor for Dodd. I never wrote a story that flattered him. I never imagined that I had a closer relationship with him than any of my reporter friends and competitors did.


Which indicates there ARE politicians that Werther's Original has done favors for, or for whom he's intentionally written flattering stories.

It makes you wonder...(not much actually):


I like Karl Rove. In the days when he was operating from Austin, we had many long and rewarding conversations. I have eaten quail at his table and admired the splendid Hill Country landscape from the porch of the historic cabin Karl and his wife Darby found miles away and had carted to its present site on their land.


And that's hardly the only piece of fluffing he's done for all conservative talking points, from war mongering to budget assholes.

No comments: