Monday, February 13, 2006

I've barely gotten to the Duck Blind

I haven't posted anything about Hair-Trigger Dick Cheney yet, and I really feel like the snark-bubble is moving away from me, so I'll try to put something appropriate (and tasteful as always) about Dick this morning in another post.

But a few things have caught my eye (and no, not bird shot).

Atta J. Turk is not, to say the least, an avid hunter. Nor am I a member of the NRA or any other association that thinks it is my god given right to have myself any weapon I'd like from a muzzle-loader to a tactical nuclear weapon. I'm one of those wacky liberals who thinks the "well-regulated militia" clause wasn't put in the Second Amendment solely for entertainment value.

So I cannot say with any expertise what hunting etiquette is on all things.

But I can state with confidence that shooting somebody while hunting is seriously bad form. I'm sure it is part of hunting technique that you announce yourself to your hunting partners, but I am also damn certain that the person with the shotgun is ultimately responsible for making sure they do not shoot, you know, a person!



Yet, there was out and out bigot, Mary Matalin quickly spinning that Big-Time once again did nothing wrong:
"The vice president was concerned," said Mary Matalin, a Cheney adviser who spoke with him yesterday morning. "He felt badly, obviously. On the other hand, he was not careless or incautious or violate any of the [rules]. He didn't do anything he wasn't supposed to do."


WHAT?!!

Didn't do anything he wasn't supposed to do?

HE SHOT SOMEBODY!

I know that Mr. Other Priorities used five deferments and timely Lynne shagging to avoid going over and shooting at the Cong, but now he's making up for lost time and going after manflesh? I thought fucking Lynne should have been enough "shooting anything that moves" to satisfy Crashcart for a lifetime.

What's more, they tried to cover this shit up, this guy was shot Saturday evening -- while the guy is in intensive care!

What is also more, it took them two-hours and forty-five minutes to get Harry to the Hospital.

CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital spokesperson, Yvonne Wheeler, tells The BRAD BLOG that the only information currently given to them by doctors is that Whittington is in "stable condition."

She's not able to say whether or not his condition has been worse previously when he was admitted to the facility at 8:15pm CT on Saturday, and then upgraded more recently.

News reports have said that Whittington was shot at 5:30pm CT, but Wheeler had no explanation for the apparent delay in his admission, other than she understands he was initially treated on-site. While the hospital is a two-hour drive from Armstrong's ranch, Whittington was transported to the facility by the hospital's own helicopter, so the reason for the apparent two-hour time-delay is still unclear.


Was Cheney trying to decide whether or not he should finish Harry off, like in "Old Yeller'?




UPDATE: A conspiracy buff friend of mine emailed me a bit ago telling me not to be too worried because Cheney hadn't been involved in shooting someone in Texas since November 1963. So, in all fairness, it is kind of rare.

No comments: