Thursday, March 02, 2006

6,000 posts

As the bloggy blog limps toward its third year, this turns out to be the 6,000th time some piece of crap has been posted at Rising Hegemon. That averages out to between 8 and 9 posts a day.

That's impressive until you count the number of times we've declared an "Open Thread".

In any case, it has also shown me, Atta J. Turk (pronounced "Throat Warbler Mangrove"), that the secret to maintaining a blog is not creativity, originality, or even posting pictures of your pet.

No, the secret is being neurotic. Trust me it helps -- a lot!

As I referred to above, this blog's second anniversary is coming up and I think it is good to have a goal of one kind or another as a fairly unimportant milestone approaches. Since March 18, 2004 this blog has had (as I write this) 1,127,441 visitors. I would like to have 10 million visitors by March 18th.

Oh, one more thing that helps me to blog, always being crushingly disappointed.

No comments: