Thursday, May 04, 2006

Our Poet Laureate-In-Chief

I'm not the decider on this blog (that would be Attaturk, he who gets guest host spots on the big blogs) but I'm willing to bet that he would back me up on this one. We should recommend the preznit for poet laureate once he is out of office. He has no transferable skills and there is only so much brush one can clear. As an example of the stanzas he may compose I give you, from yesterday:

"Mr. Moussaoui got a fair trial," Bush said. "The jury convicted him to life in prison, where he will spend the rest of his life. In so doing, they spared his life, which is something that he evidently wasn't willing to do for innocent American citizens."

"As I think about the trial, I can't help but think about the families who lost a loved one on September the 11th," Bush said. "I think about the rescuers who tried to save lives in the burning buildings."

"And I know that it's really important for the United States to stay on the offense against these killers and bring them to justice," he said. "And those are my thoughts about the Moussaoui trial."


Convicted him to life in prison?

Where he will spend the rest of his life?

Dylan Thomas, TS Eliot, Robert Frost, Maya Angelou: all of you eat your heart out.

No comments: