Saturday, May 27, 2006

Peering Into The Souls Of Men

His x-ray vision doesn't get past the boobies of the women-folk.

Catching-up on my reading took me today to George Packer in the Talk of the Town--you know, the New Yorker. I like to think I stay current on things--most especially the moronic utterances of chimpy, but here's one I missed:

But what if they do? This is not a President who places his faith in the wisdom of men. When thirteen former Secretaries of State and Defense were summoned to the White House in January, Bush gave them all of ten minutes to air their views. Last week, in California, he described his policymaking process in unmistakably clear terms. “I base a lot of my foreign-policy decisions on some things that I think are true,” he said. “One, I believe there’s an Almighty. And, secondly, I believe one of the great gifts of the Almighty is the desire in everybody’s soul, regardless of what you look like or where you live, to be free.” It seems that unless God himself gains entry to the West Wing and informs the President that the Iraqis’ desire to be free is not the issue, a grandiose theology will continue to doom America and Iraq to a bloody stalemate.


Policymaking?

No comments: