Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Makes you think...today's marginally informed editorial

I've thought about this on occasion, but have never really been as pithy as commentor Guy at Firedoglake:

Prescott Bush = Yale Degree
George H. W. Bush = Yale Degree
Bill Clinton = Yale Graduate Degree
George W. Bush = Yale Degree
Hillary Clinton = Yale Degree
Dick Cheney = Went to Yale
Porter Goss = Yale Degree
John Ashcroft = Yale Degree
John Negroponte = Yale Degree
John Kerry = Yale Degree
Stephen Hadley = Yale Degree


I have nothing against Yale, I've been to Yale -- I was driving through New Haven on other business at the time, but I've been there.

However, we've had a Yale alum as a President since 1989. I'm tired of being led by guys who drink beer out of Geronimo's skull. Elitist snobs, I had to make do with drinking beer out of a giant bong!

I'm not asking for something revolutionary, like having someone from a "State School" in a position of power. What's wrong with those other Ivy League schools? Those seven other elite slackers haven't even come up with a good alternative political comic strip! Even the University of Iowa, the lowly State school I came from, inspired "Bloom County". God knows where the Mallard Fillmore guy came from, but I'm pretty sure it isn't an elite university.

Cornell?
Columbia?
Dartmouth?
Princeton?
Penn?
Brown?

Jesus, Brown have you EVER done anything? You're like the Kansas State of the Ivy League!

Harvard, what have you done of value since "The Paper Chase"?

All those revered institutions of higher learning and you're telling me there are no good "secret societies" at these other seven institutions that are capable of producing a cabal of leaders?

Other elite Ivy League schools, sure you produce high quality bloggers, but isn't it about time we look to you to govern us? Isn't it time you boss people like me around?

No comments: