Friday, October 05, 2007

Malevolence

Eugene Robinson:

Bush's stated reasons for vetoing the SCHIP bill left even reliable congressional allies -- such as Republican Sens. Orrin Hatch of Utah and Charles Grassley of Iowa, both of whom supported the legislation -- sputtering in incomprehension. As for me, I don't know what to call the president's rationale but a pack of flat-out lies...

...Bush seems to be upset that Congress didn't adopt his pet idea to tackle the health insurance issue through -- guess what? -- tax breaks. None of the major players on Capitol Hill thought this would work. When the White House persisted, Congress moved ahead on its own.

Hatch said he believed Bush had been given bad advice by his staff. He didn't take the next step and draw what seems to me the obvious conclusion: Either Bush didn't understand the bill he vetoed or he's just being petulant -- with the health of 4 million children at stake.

"I hope the folks at home raise Cain," Hatch said. Oh, I think they will.


Being petulant with the health of children is, after all, what Jesus would do right?

I mean, Jesus would have been George's Wingman in bombing Iraq...except for Bush's trick courage knee. And that blew up children real good.

If the teachings of Christ tell us anything it is how important it is to fuck over the children.

Of course, I'm an agnostic, so perhaps some biblical scholar can explain to me where those versus are in the bible.

No comments: