Thursday, October 04, 2007

NO.

Dear Retail Salesclerk,

NO, I do not want to make a $5 contribution to the charity of your boss's choice along with my purchase of sheets, watermelon, Inc. Basic Black Trousers, wineglasses, and/or Tampax. I do not want to give you my non-existent "Club Card." I do not want to buy three when I only took two. I do not want the large popcorn even though it costs only ten cents more and I will three times as much popcorn. I do not want to join your frequent buyers program. I do not want to finance this purchase. I do not want to sign up for a store credit card and receive an immediate ten percent discount on this purchase. I do not want to upgrade. I do not want a Venti;" I want a "large." I do not want you to spray me with that perfume, dab me with that cream, or have a "free" haircut and/or massage. I don't want to sign up for email updates. I don't want to be on your mailing list. You can't have my phone number. And no, you can't have my zip code, either (h/t kingweasil).

And yes, I realize that all of these annoyances are your boss's doing, and not yours.

xxx...res

No comments: