Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Culcha

No, I did not go to the movies with Atrios last night, but I did also see "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," which I recommend for its beautiful images and the way it telegraphs the frustration, sadness, and loneliness of isolation and salvation of its hero through his imagination and creativity. I'm grateful to Julian Schnabel for not screwing up a perfectly wonderful book.

Last Friday, I saw "I'm Not There," and I was crazy about it. Did you see "Across the Universe?" I loved that, too, especially the "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" and "Because" sequences.

Last night I caught Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller at Lizz Winstead's "Shoot the Messenger." I think this was my fourth visit to "Shoot." If you're in New York, you should check it out. Monday nights at Cabaret Under ACME 9. Next week's guest is Rachel Maddow, about whom there are interesting rumors on the internets.

Finally, I hear that there's a new David Mamet on the way that I'll probably check out. And later this week I'll see the new Tom Stoppard.

No comments: