Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sweet Jesus, Am I Sick of Guys Like This

"Guys like what, res?" you ask. Like this. Guys who wag their fingers, shake their heads, and tell Democrats that we've got to be properly respectful of the "pent up indignation and yearning" and the "deeply wounded pride and groping loyalty" of the "ordinary people" Republicans who voted in the jerks, losers, incompetents, and criminals who have screwed up everything for the last thirty years as we try to wrest control of the country back from their death grip. Republicans hear crap like this and guess what they do? Turn around, buy purple heart band-aids, and roll right over us. I'd bet every dime I have that not one person in that auditorium last night is interested in my pent up indignation and yearning, and I am long past giving a damn about theirs. And let me tell you something else, if their "folksy common-sense, defiant courage, and religious faith" haven't spurred them to hop on board the the clue train at some point in the last eight years, I highly doubt they're going to hop on board now.

I keep thinking of Dr. Meade's exasperation with Aunt Pittypat as General Sherman bore down on Atlanta in "Gone With the Wind" -- "Good heavens, woman! This is a war, not a garden party!"

Dude, do us all a favor and channel your energy into something productive, like getting people who may not drive to the polls on election day. That's what this "smart ass" will be doing. Sheesh.

No comments: