Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"I didn’t want this guy anywhere near a trigger."

Yesterday, John McCain came to my town and was interviewed by the Des Moines Register.

Let's just say the interview was not a great display of the McCain temperament being under control. From insisting he was not lying about a bill in which Obama supported education to minors in staying away from pedophiles as "sex education" to saying he has "always had 100% truth" in his public life. It's why the quote above purportedly from Republican Pete Domenici has relevance.

Asked whether he's always been covered by government health insurance, McCain channels Sarah Palin:


"I've never been an astronaut but I know the challenges of space."


Oooooo-kay.

This short segment, first put up by a Kos diarist, is shocking. But the whole interview is like this and you can see it in its entirety at the Des Moines Register's site.

You might, in particular check out the one on the failure on the "Economic Bill Failure" where about 36 seconds in he drops this Bushian line:


"If I were dictator, which I always aspire to be."


Ah yes, the Panamanian Strongman, John McCain.

[cross-posted Firedoglake]

No comments: