Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What We am NOT thankful for...

Enough with the thankful lists and how we need to appreciate family and friends during the shopping extravaganza known collectively as "The Holidays."  I was waiting to have my hair trimmed while being forced to watch the Today Show and once again I was confronted with evangelical boosterism and attempts to manage my sentiments and emotions.  Enough.  Seriously.

Because what is all this really?  When did the Today Show become a sales force for conservative Christianity?  Have I missed something here?  Matt Lauer did the worst interview I have seen since Sarah Palin and Sean Hannity with the purpose driven life mega-curch minister.  Do I have to remind the Rel-Cons that these dates were chosen for business (read shopping) reasons not to celebrate a birth which would have occurred in the summer not December.

Sigh..........

So, in this 'spirit' I propose we create a list of what we are not thankful for in the comments... What say ye?

No comments: