Saturday, June 06, 2009

Well, that was interesting

I was incommunicado yesterday as with a few family members I engaged, for reasons of my own apparent derangement, in the "great American roadtrip" that took us from the Midwest to Southern Arizona.

23 consecutive hours in a car later (more for my companions who picked me up on the way) we made it.

And since no one asked me, Toll-Road 335 from Topeka to Wichita, WTF? No exit ramps and no idea where the hell you are? We just got cranky I guess because between I-70, I-335 and US 54 it appeared the State of Kansas was never going to end. "Toto, for the love of God, I hope this isn't Kansas anymore."

The highlight of the trip was going through the Salt River Canyon on US-60 between Show Low and Globe -- OMG, what a beautiful area and crazy drive. Imagine if we hadn't been in our 21st and 22nd hour of traveling? If you have a chance to drive through this area please do so, you will not regret it -- as long as your car can hold out. Those of you who have driven it, you know what I mean.

Anyhoo, blogging will be sporadic over the next week plus. Thanks to Dedurkheim, Res Ipsa and Champollian for picking up any slack in my absence.

No comments: