Friday, August 14, 2009

How about just a 6 oz can of whoop-ass?


Mr. President, you know I like you, I respect you. I know that occasionally we liberals are difficult to deal with because, well, somebody has to stand up for the person who is above drawing Hitler mustaches or screaming like a 2-year old. So people take us for granted, including you. Nevertheless, I didn't vote for you naively, I knew you'd let me down some. Still, you know you can count on us in 2012 to vote for you, with or without enthusiasm, because the alternative is opposition and look at them.

But that's kind of the lowest common denominator and not all that change-a-licious.

You sir, apparently have the patience of a saint and the blood pressure of some higher level zen master. After all, you have said you're still willing to negotiate with Chuck Grassley after he's spread patent lie after lie in addition to committing crimes against spelling and grammar on Twitter.

We get it sir, you style yourself a Gandhi-like figure, at least if Gandhi also launched the occasional missile into Afghanistan. And I know and you know that's really f*%$ed up, but this is America, and f*%$ed up is clearly how we roll.

But if I may sir, would you mind getting just a little indignant -- a tad angry? Not a Gandhi, but a Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, or better yet Billy Jack Goes to Washington? Because you doing scissor kicks that fall just short of John Boehner's tanning-bed-face would be, at a minimum, awesome I bet he'd cry.

I know it isn't your style, but those of us who supported and voted for you would sure like to see a little of it right now.

[cross-posted at Firedoglake]

No comments: