Friday, December 04, 2009

I apologize

For mentioning Tiger Woods one more time...but it is, after all, as Atrios says, "Tiger's Penis Week". And thank goodness, or we'd have to actually deal with our own lives and serious bullshit. Ooooooooh, I can hardly wait for what happens next week to replace it.

But I think the best summaries of the week that was...and should never be again...except something just like it will replace it next week and into infinity...are these two juxtaposed pieces, which manage to call bullshit on everything at once when coupled together.

Charles Pierce, who I love reading very much (his book Idiot America was awesome and not just because he kindly sent me a copy), and Jason Whitlock, who often irritates me (master of the gratuitous, gossipy, cheapshot), but who I also often like reading (hey, I hate TMZ, but that doesn't mean I have high standards).

Lord help me if either of these two were ever pissed at me...although that seems hard enough to conjure, I mean who the hell thinks anybody gives two craps what I think? I'm small potatoes and moderately sane while staying safely anonymous (although I'd love the hits -- and I'm vain enough to take 'em, I am, after all a product of modern America). Which leads to my real failing (other than lack of talent, of course) I'm sitting here anonymously, yet I don't get my full out-crazy on, I really should be out slandering people more. Damn me and my feckless marginal scruples.

No comments: