Thursday, December 24, 2009

Morning Miscellaney

I think Dad may be traveling or sleeping in. If that's the case, I'll try to put up some tidbits while I'm making my gravy, which is already on the stove.

First up: did you read this? This article by one of my favorite writers, Dr. Atul Gawande, offers the most compelling reasons I've read for why the bill should pass. It's a little long, but stay with it and let me know what you think.

This is a bummer.

Pareene: Our Favorite Things about 2009: These People are Gone.

I'm looking forward to this evening when a friend is having a Christmas Eve open house. She's got two kids -- three and five -- who are in their prime Santa-believing years. According to their mom, their excitement has been building all week and I'm anxious to see them in full Santa freakout. I got some goodies to stick in their stockings after we put them to bed and the grownups get their goodies in the form of some adult beverages.

No comments: