Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Well this is awkward timing

Personally, I despise any issue where we ignore actual problems, so we can fixate on the personal life of an athlete or celebrity. Unless they are running for Congress, or engage in political comment, I don't give a shit.

This means, of course, criticizing Chuck Norris or Alec Baldwin is fine.

Going on and on about who George Clooney or Jennifer Lopez is having sex with, not fine -- unless of course there's an easy joke there (that's the caveat).

So aside from a light and airy joke about the private life of Tiger Woods, I'm already completely and utterly sick of it -- I didn't vote for him, I don't have any expectations for him, my life isn't affected one way or another by him outside of when I choose to notice him -- as opposed to having his personal life foisted upon me because of some stupid and small-time single car fender bender.

And now, the purpose of my post, where world's collide and you just have to say ... wrong on so many levels (I mean, really just the premise is outrageously stupid) and now even more incredibly wrong this is the cover of the new issue of Golf Digest.



Oy.

I guess it could be worse, the President could have been Clinton, or the golfer Fuzzy Zoeller.

No comments: