Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Food, Glorious Food (in Grand Junction, CO, and beyond)

Hey, remember I asked if any of you had been to Grand Junction, CO and could recommend some good eats? First of all, thanks for your recommendations. The GC and I didn't get into town early enough for dinner, but we did have a tasty breakfast at a placed called The Dream Cafe. They had a bunch of vegetarian options and the place had a nice cheerful ambiance. If you're ever in Grand Junction, check them out.

I had a couple of other good meals on my trip. In Boulder, I liked the Leaf Vegetarian Restaurant, which served these tasty little dates stuffed with blue cheese that I'm still thinking about. If you're ever in Denver, you need to try WaterCourse Foods. Their biscuits and green chile sauce rocked, and they make a great cup of coffee. When in Salt Lake City, please get to the Red Iguana. I think theirs is the best Mexican food I have ever tasted. And I also had a kick-ass breakfast at a place called Cowboy's Smokehouse Cafe in a little town called Panguitch, Utah. I loved their bacon (The GC is the vegetarian, not me), biscuits, and coffee. We definitely don't have enough biscuits in the northeast.

Oh, in between meals I managed to see Independence Pass, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, and Zion National Park among other natural wonders. I wish I could go back to Zion right this minute. No photograph I have seen has ever done it justice.

2 comments:

Dee Loralei said...

Res, if you make the dates at home, after stuffing them with blue cheese, wrap em in bacon and broil them til the bacon is done. They are amazing.

res ipsa loquitur said...

Are you the person who wrote that any recipe in THE MOOSEWOOD COOKBOOK can be improved by adding bacon? :-)

Yes, of course that sounds awesome.