Wednesday, February 01, 2012

What TBogg Said

Rare is the charitable organization that makes a decision sure to GREATLY ASSIST the disease which they claim to fight. But the Susan Komen Foundation's directors did just that by letting the right-wing dictate that poor and middle class women be denied breast examinations on the off-chance they may be close to a place where abortions occur.
It’s rare when you see such a high profile organization shit the bed so spectacularly particularly in the case where people can not only refuse to donate to the Komen Foundation, but also boycott all the products that carry the Komen Pink Ribbon of Caring logo, for which the Komen people are paid handsomely. We’ve done this before, but you can make a donation to Planned Parenthood and request a thank you card be sent to
Karen Handel
Senior VP of Fail
c/o Susan G. Komen Foundation
P.O. Box 650309
Dallas, TX 75265-0309
(UPDATE) From a reader: Hi TBogg, Just made a donation of 50 clams, but I would have loved to have gifted it to Karen Handel as you suggested in your post. maybe you could update the post to let people know that they need to do it as an “Honorary Giving” rather than a “One Time Gift”, which doesn’t offer the choice to send a card

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gifted in the name of Karen Pantysniffer Handel, as the address line did not allow for her title.

Careful. I wanted to donate $50 and the site told me that my card was rejected. I clicked twice more and decided to return later. I was debited $150, because I'm a "moran" on the fancy comperterizer thingys.

But, what the hell, $150 to Planned Parenthood is a good start for me. The wingnuts prefer death to helping women. The Komen Foundation has lost my support.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have an email address at Komen for Ms. Handel. I want to send her a pdf copy of the receipt for my contribution to Planned Parenthood.

zoe said...

I asked for a copy of the donation "to frame"
Great idea

pansypoo said...

i understand the new komen head is a GEORGIA pro FETUS anti planned parenthood twit.

Anonymous said...

If you make an "Honorary Gift" (as I just did) you can have the notice sent to the address of the Handel twit just as it is shown above (including SVP-FAIL).

You also can list the person you are "honoring". I listed Mollie Williams, the Komen exec who resigned in protest over their wingnuttery.