Sunday, November 07, 2004

Down Weekend

Tena over at First Draft points out that we are experiencing a down moment for the bloggers of the left, not terribly surprising all-in-all.

Some, including our blogfriends really, really depressed.

Our output has been about the same as always, but I think its obvious there have been fewer comedy pieces, in favor of rants or more serious forward looking pieces.

But as it has been a down week for bloggers, I've noticed it also been a down period for blog readers too.

Up to election day this site was hitting about 3,000 a day, since readership has been going down steadily. I don't think it is because we suddenly suck more than we used to. I think our "suck" quality is the same as ever.

We are in mourning, it's natural.

But the mourning will end and we'll all be back. We here at Rising Hegemon will work through it, so will all of you.

If it helps, please be advised I wrote this post wearing nothing but dark socks, and I mean nothing but dark socks.

Okay, maybe that did not help much at all.

No comments: